Tejano Music Recording Academy shall advance artistic and technical excellence, work to ensure a vital and free creative environment, and act as advocate on behalf of Tejano music and its makers. This shall be accomplished through programs and activities that engage the music industry and the cultural community as well as the general public. Attention will be brought to important issues such as the value and impact of music on arts education and the urgency of preserving the rich Tejano cultural heritage.
TEJANO NEXT GENERATION ARTISTS PARTICIPATE IN DONATION OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS TO SOUTHSIDE HIGH SCHOOL CONJUNTO CARDENALES
On May 10, 2022, Tejano Music Recording Academy (TMRA) donated a Hohner accordion and Ymagen Bajo Sexto to the Southside High School Conjunto Cardenales. Conjunto Cardenales is the first high school conjunto group in San Antonio. The program was started by music teacher Anna Bustamente.
On hand to make the presentation were:
- Francisco Chapa, TMRA President
- Jesse Turner, two-time Premios Tejano Mundial Male Vocal Performance of the Year winner
- Mia Garcia, vocalist from Austin, Texas
- Zeke Campos, Conjunto Cats accordionist from Seguin, Texas
- Tristan and Dylan Ramos, accordionist and bajo sexto (respectively) from Lamesa, Texas
- Siggno Kid
Also, in attendance were:
- Rolando Ramirez, Southside ISD Superintendent
- Miguel A Castillo, Southside ISD Assistant Superintendent of Secondary Education
- Mary Silva, Southside ISD Board Manager Position 2
- David Gonzalez, ES Ymagen Guitars
- Arthur “Tweet” Juarez, Hohner accordion donor
- Humberto Lopez, KLMO 98.9 FM / 92.1 FM (Lopez Broadcasting)
Jesse Turner is the lead vocalist/accordionist for Siggno. Siggno is the chart-topping Tejano band from Santa Rosa, Texas recognized for their Rockteño sound. Zeke, Tristan, Dylan, and Mia are Tejano Next generation artists.
The musical instruments donated were presented to Tejano Music Recording Academy at La Segunda Entrega de los Premios Tejano Mundial 2022 on February 20, 2022.